Annual Academic sessions of CCPSL is the premier conference in Sri Lanka dedicated to public health research and academic work. The 25th Annual Academic Sessions of the College of Community Physicians of Sri Lanka (CCPSL) was held at Shangri-La Colombo, 16-17th September 2020.
Eleven research papers co-authored by the department affiliates were presented in the CCPSL Annual Academic sessions this year.
1. Minor Ailments during Early Pregnancy: Evidence from a Pregnancy Cohort in Anuradhapura District . Gunarathne S., Wickramasinghe N., Agampodi T., Prasanna R., Agampodi S.
2. Household Economic Status and Out-of-pocket Expenditure during Early Pregnancy among Pregnant Mothers in Anuradhapura District. Gunarathne S., Wickramasinghe N., Agampodi T., Prasanna R., Agampodi S.
3. Effect of COVID-19 Outbreak on Household Economic Status of Pregnant Mothers in Anuradhapura District. Gunarathne S., Wickramasinghe N., Agampodi T., Jayasinghe I., Hettiarachchi A., Jeevethan J., Banduwardena H., Agampodi S.
4. Effect of COVID-19 Outbreak on Maternal and Child Health Services: Experience of Pregnant Mothers in Anuradhapura District. Jayasinghe I., Hettiarachchi A., Wickramasinghe Y., Kurera D., Samarakoon N., Rupasingha I., Ponmalay P., Wickramasinghe N.
5. Characteristics of the First 100 COVID-19 Patients Following Hospital Discharge or Death in Sri Lanka: Is Sri Lanka an Outlier? Wickramasinghe N., Arambepola C., Hewage S., Jayakody S., Wijewickrama A., Gunawardena N., Prathapan S.
6. Clinical Course of Asymptomatic, Pre-Symptomatic, and Symptomatic COVID-19 Patients in Sri Lanka. Hewage S., Prathapan S., Wickramasinghe N., Jayakody S., Wijewickrama A., Gunawardena N., Arambepola C.
7. A Systematic Approach in Mental Health Assessment in Early Pregnancy; An Experience from Rajarata Pregnancy Cohort Jayasinghe I., Agampodi T., Amarasinghe G., Hettiarachchi A.,Warnasekara J., Ilangasinge R., Wickramasinghe N., Agambodi S.
8. Effectiveness of an Educational Intervention to Promote Psychosocial Wellbeing of School Going Adolescents in the Western Province, Sri Lanka. Lokubalasooriya A., Vithana C., Pragasan G., Mahagamage K., Nanayakkara K., Herath H., Karunarathne P., Jayawardena D., Wickramasinghe N.
9. Correlates of Bullying Victimization among Early Adolescents in Government Schools in the Kegalle Educational Zone. Rupananda D., Dissanayake D., Wickramasinghe N.
- Medical Undergraduates’ Perception of their Role and Willingness to Assist in COVID-19 Health Sector Response. Wickramasinghe N., Jayarathne W., Pilapitiya S.
- Prevalence and Associated Psychosocial Factors of Abuse and Violence among Pregnant Mothers. Hettiarachchi A., Amarasinghe G., Jayasinghe I., Koralegedara I., Wickramasinghe N., Agampodi T.